Friday, September 11, 2009

A long winded update to end a busy week...

Its been another busy week, so I thought I’d send one big update to keep the spam down...

Legal update:
John Blair was away from his office this afternoon, I’ll have to get an update from him next week to send out on Wednesday. We have many more investment victims signing on to the class action every day. Mr. Blair’s office has requested several key documents and will be reviewing them as they are received. We are actively preparing for the E&Y report later this month and the next CCAA hearing. Please mark your calendar: The next CCAA hearings is October 2 @ 9am at the Calgary Court Centre. Note – the date/time may be subject to change so I’ll keep you posted!

Political Update:
Last week, Joey Davis of the Earl Jones Victims Committee hand delivered a letter on behalf of our group to Justice Minister Rob Nicholson. On Tuesday, he also hand delivered a similar letter to Finance Minister Jim Flaherty. Our letter was graciously accepted by both Ministers and I was provided with direct contacts in both offices to follow up. I look forward to updating you on this progress.

I was contacted early this week by Diane Urquhart who graciously invite me to Ottawa on Tuesday, September 15th to represent the Shire Victims Group at a press conference with the National Press Gallery. Ms. Urquhart, an independent financial analyst, is lobbying for the creation of a Securities Crime Unit (SCU), a new Federal - Provincial structure to organize and fully utilize the resources and facilities of all the police agencies of Canada in order to provide for the public safety of our pension funds and personal retirement savings throughout Canada. For more information, please watch the Securities Crime Unit video on her website http://www.ismymoneysafe.org

Further to the press conference in Ottawa, the trip will be an excellent opportunity to build relationships with the Earl Jones Victims group and several other similar groups. I will also be attending other important meetings which I will provide updates and details about once I return.

Media Update:
I was a guest on The Rutherford Show on Wednesday, September 9th at 10am. If you missed the show, please check it out in their audio vault. Please be sure to listen past my interview for the very relevant interview with private investigator Ron Reinhold. The show will be available for you to listen to, at your convenience, for one month from the air date.
http://www.am770chqr.com/Station/AudioVault.aspx

Manitoba Securities Commission - Notice of Hearing
The Manitoba Securities Commission held a hearing September 9th at 9am local time to determine if the MSC should also impose a cease trade order against Jeanette Cleone Couch, Shire International et al. You can view the notice of hearing here:
http://www.msc.gov.mb.ca/legal_docs/investigation/hearings/couch.html
I'll keep my eyes open for the results of the hearing and post them as soon as possible.

Website Updates:
I have updated the documents website that you can link to from the blog at the bottom of the “Document Links” section choose “All documents referred to in this blog” or directly here:
http://sites.google.com/site/shireinvestor/Home
I will be posting documents by project. If you have additional documents for a specific project that are not posted, please get in touch with me and I’ll let you know if I still need copies. I am still in the process of getting documents online, but there are several new documents including recent pictures on some of the projects.

Committee Phone Calls:
Just a reminder that you may receive a phone call from one of our committee members over the next few days or weeks.

Other News:
The Earl Jones Victims Committee is working to create the Canadian Coalition Against White Collar Crime. Their website is:
Be Strong Movement: http://www.bestrongfoundation.org/
Please sign their petition and support the fight against financial crime in Canada:
http://www.bestrongfoundation.org/petition/

Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or comments.